Being one of the largest private healthcare service providers in Hong Kong, Quality HealthCare supports corporate social responsibility (CSR) and proactively takes its responsibility to care for staff and their families as well as for the environment and for the community. Over the past few years The Hong Kong Council of Social Service has repeatedly awarded Quality HealthCare the
Caring Company award in recognition for our commitment to excellent healthcare.
In response to the ageing population in Hong Kong, we show on-going support and consistency on thought leadership and we have initiated a CSR campaign integrating our business operations with community efforts particularly with a focus on the elderly.
- All eligible medical professionals under Quality HealthCare are registered under the Government’s Health Care Voucher Scheme. These include general practitioners; specialists; registered Chinese medicine practitioners; registered physiotherapists; dentists and registered nurses who provide nursing services. Health care vouchers can be used easily in all our medical centres.
- We have offers for the elderly aged 65 and above across western medicine; traditional Chinese medicine; diagnostic and imaging services; physiotherapy and dental services.
- We offer tailor-made health check plans at a special price for the elderly. The cost would be covered by the Health Care Voucher for patients aged 65 and over.
- Elderly ambassadors are stationed in our Quality HealthCare Medical Centres and GHC Medical Centres to cater for the needs of our elderly patients. Priority seats are also in place for those in need.
- Priority seats are in place at all Quality HealthCare Medical Centres and GHC Medical Centres for the elderly in need. Also, more than 80% of Quality HealthCare Medical Centres are wheelchair-accessible.
Quality HealthCare aims to educate the community on healthcare topics related to various community groups.
- In 2014, Bupa and Quality HealthCare co-organised the “Send the Apple Away Day” to raise awareness for obesity and heart disease. Dietitians and sport experts provided health information and advice.
- Since 2015, we joined our partner, the Senior Citizen Home Safety Association, for district talks on usage of Health Care Vouchers and Community Care Fund Elderly Dental Assistance Programme.
- In November 2015, Quality HealthCare organized “QHMS Elderly Care Day” with the aim of promoting preventive health care services to elderly on the city-wide Senior Citizen’s Day. Three of our medical centres in Admiralty, Tsim Sha Tsui and Shatin were opened full day to welcome pre-registered elderly for free healthcare check-ups or consultations across western medicine, traditional Chinese medicine and dental.
- In December 2016, Quality HealthCare organized “Elderly Wellness Station” to provide free health screening for elderly and educate them the importance of disease prevention in a mobile truck touring around the community in Dec last year. The fruitful moments of the event have been captured into the below video. Let’s watch the video to share our caring spirit!
- In October 2017, Quality HealthCare partnered with HKYWCA and hosted a two-day Elderly Wellness Day by providing free blood pressure, blood lipid profile, blood glucose level, blood oxygen level and atrial fibrillation tests to over 100 members of HKYWCA elderly centres in Sai Wan and Tsing Yi.
All our employees eagerly volunteer for our events to share our caring spirit with the community.
- We visited sick children in Ronald McDonald House in 2010 and 2011; assisted the Red Cross for the “Mid-Autumn Party” and participated in their “Charity Walk 2011”; as well as engaged in the “Tree Planting Challenge” 2011 and 2012 for Friends of the Earth.
- Since 2015, Quality HealthCare has also reached out to the elderly in the community by offering simple free check-ups.
- In 2016, Quality HealthCare co-organized a volunteer event with YWCA first time to pay a visit for the elderly with hand-made mooncakes; Moreover, Quality HealthCare Volunteer Team made caring calls to the elderly at SCHSA call centre; Quality HealthCare Physiotherapy Team provided on-site support for the “DuoRun 3km” running competition held by Jade Club.
- In October 2017, Quality HealthCare engaged staff with 15 elders in an organic soap workshop partnered with HKWCA to make organic soaps and cream. The soaps were later delivered to community members in need as gifts. We continued our tradition with SCHSA by contributing in elderly caring call, and celebrated Mid-Autumn Festival by visiting elderly households in Aberdeen.
- In May 2018, Quality HealthCare staff volunteered in another elderly call session organised by SCHSA, and exchanged caring messages to more than 200 elders over 300 phone calls, who live alone and whose families are not around to look after. In July, we celebrated the caring tradition of elderly visits partnered with SCHSA. We sent our best regards and delivered gift packs to 20 elderly households in Sha Tin.
- In June 2018, we celebrated World Environment Day with 30 elderly friends and their carers from the North District in a Mosquito Repellent Workshop organised by HKYWCA. Volunteers together with their families hand-made organic mosquito repelling bar, mosquito spray and deodorant with the elderly, shared fun and happiness and helped them soothe summer time nuisances in an environmental friendly way.
In 2009 Quality HealthCare agreed to place Red Cross donation boxes in our 6 health check centres on Hong Kong island. We also supported them for their Charity Fundraising Campaign to renovate their headquarters in 2012.
We sponsored the “Charity Walk 2010” for the Children’s Heart Foundation and for the “Ronald McDonald House Raffle Ticket Sales” in 2010 and 2011.
Since 2015, Quality HealthCare sponsored the Elderly for Personal Emergency Link Service and Mobile Link Service of SCHSA.
In December 2017, Quality HealthCare joined PathFinders, a local humanitarian services organisation which supports vulnerable children and migrant mothers, in a good cause to donate baby supplies to help mothers in need. We continue our efforts in making positive impact to the environment and the community.
In 2018, Quality HealthCare collaborates with HKYWCA on a Go Digital Campaign, and donated Atrial Fibrillation (AF) digital devices to the HKYWCA centres to help identify symptoms with a potential risk of causing stroke or other serious heart diseases, and to promote the use of healthtech in the community for preventive healthcare.