How can I get the COVID-19 test result? How long does it take?
• COVID-19 RT-PCR Test: Electronic test result report will be sent via email in about 2 to 3 working days* from the time the sample is received.
• Government's COVID-19 RT-PCR Test: The test result will be notified via SMS with at least 7 working days* from the time the sample is received.
*Depending on the latest test capacity and subject to change without prior notice.
I have returned my deep throat saliva sample a few days ago, when can I get my test results?
to provide your personal info now, we will follow up and contact you as soon as possible.
Can I use the test result for crossing the border? Before my departure, a negative test result within 24 hours is required for entering Guangdong province and can you ensure your test can fit my requirement?
The main purpose of our test is to help citizens to identify their risk of COVID-19 infection. In normal circumstances, it takes 2-3 days for government appointed institutions/laboratories to provide the electronic test results (from the time the sample is received).
For details of cross border requirement, please contact Hong Kong Immigrant Department directly. Click
to browse Immigration Department website.
Will health certificate be provided by the test?
We provide electronic test result; you can print it out as a proof if needed.
Is reservation required for the test?
If doctor video consultation is preferred, you can make reservation as listed below. The quota is also limited on a first-come-first serve basis.
• Government's COVID-19 RT-PCR Test with Doctor Video Consultation HK$390 (Appointment hotline: 8203-8204)
• COVID-19 RT-PCR Test with Doctor Video Consultation HK$1,250 (Click
to shop online and make reservation)
Are the testing institutions of Quality HealthCare recognized by HKSAR Government? Which laboratory do you use?
Our COVID-19 RT-PCR Tests are conducted by Hong Kong Government designated Laboratory center.
1. Pathlab Medical Laboratories
2. Hong Kong Molecular Pathology Diagnostic Centres Limited
Which Quality HealthCare centres provide COVID-19 test?
The test is available at 37 Quality HealthCare medical centres, 13 of which are designated sample collection centres, click
for more details.
Where are the designated sample collection centres?
to check the designated sample collection centres of COVID-19 RT-PCR Test (13 Quality HealthCare centres)
to check the collection points of Government COVID-19 RT-PCR Test
Do deep throat saliva collection bottle delivery and sample return courier service available?
Yes and the service is included in some of the tests.
here to check out the Summary List of COVID-19 PCR Test.
Remarks: Deep throat saliva collection bottle delivery and sample return courier service only limited to the following areas (coverage is subject to the service provider- Pickupp): Hong Kong Island (except Tai Tam, Repulse Bay, Stanley, Shek O); Kowloon; New Territories (Urban areas only:Tin Shui Wai, Tuen Mun, Yuen Long, Kwai Ching, Sham Tseng, Tai Wo Hau, Tsuen Wan, Tai Wai, Sha Tin, Fo Tan, University, Tai Po, Tai Wo, Fanling. Sheung Shui, Tiu Ken Leng, Tseung Kwan O)
Are there any ways that I can avoid social contact and conduct the COVID-19 test at home?
For people aged 18 or above, below doctor video consultation (VC) services are available:
• Government's COVID-19 RT-PCR Test with Doctor Video Consultation HK$390 (For symptomatic individuals, appointment hotline 8203-8204)
• COVID-19 RT-PCR Test with Doctor Video Consultation HK$1,250 (For asymptomatic individuals)
Which COVID-19 test does Quality HealthCare provide?
We are providing RT-PCR tests for COVID-19. By using the WHO-approved reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test technology, the test can detect the presence of unique genomic markers of the SARS-CoV-2 virus - the culprits of COVID-19.
Who are suitable for conducting COVID-19 Test?
• COVID-19 RT-PCR Test (HK$950) : suitable for any asymptomatic individuals
• Government's COVID-19 RT-PCR Test (HK$300 up*) : suitable for those who have symptoms suggestive of COVID-19
Click here to check out the Summary List of COVID-19 PCR Test
How to collect deep throat saliva sample?
to browse the instruction video by Hospital Authority.
What are the arrangements for positive test results?
If the test result is positive and meets the reporting criteria, Quality HealthCare will report the relevant case to the Centre for Health Protection (CHP) in accordance with the government guidelines and refer the client to the designated hospital under the Hospital Authority for further clinical treatment.