We all have stress in our daily lives; it can be related to the environment, interpersonal relationship and health. Although stress can boost our work efficiency and allow us to become more adaptive, too much stress can lead to anxiety and thus affect our health such as causing depression, heart diseases, headache, insomnia, marriage problem, etc.
Tips for preventing stress
- Schedule your time regularly
- A balanced diet
- Have enough sleep daily
- Develop a positive attitude towards life
- Join some recreational activities and develop some hobbies
- Do adequate exercise
- Always try to identify your strengths and learn to accept your weakness
How to tackle stress?
- When you are stressful, try to find out the sources and deal with it. You should also try to minimize the sources.
- Always be positive when encountering adversities and try to find out the solution. If it is too difficult to resolve, you should seek help from others.
- Do a relaxation exercise 15 minutes everyday
i. Sit on a comfortable chair and breathe slowly|
ii. Gradually relax all parts of your body such as head, neck, hands,
legs, back and chest
iii. Feel the relaxation of your muscles
- If your stress is seriously affecting your mental and physical health, you should consult a psychologist or doctor as soon as possible.